BLADE BUSTER® - About the Cut Resistant Fabric
Dyneema®, the world's strongest fiber™
Dyneema® is an UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) fiber. DSM invented it 20 years ago and it's been in production since 1990. The fiber is incredibly versatile with virtually limitless applications. The fiber is manufactured by means of a gel spinning process that combines extreme strength with incredible softness. So what are the properties that make this fiber so special?
- High strength/low weight - Dyneema® is 15 times stronger than steel, and 40% stronger than aramids on a weight-for-weight basis.
- Low specific gravity (0.97) - Dyneema® floats on water and is ideal for lightweight solutions.
- Excellent chemical resistance - Dyneema® is chemically inert, and independent studies have confirmed that Dyneema® performs well in dry, wet, salty and humid conditions, as well as other situations where chemicals are present.
- UV resistant - Products made with Dyneema® fiber show strong resistance to photo degradation when exposed to UV light. The high UV resistance of the fiber ensures continuing high performance.
- Moisture resistant - Dyneema® fiber is hydrophobic. It resists water absorption, providing an extra level of protection and durability.
- High durability - Dyneema® fiber can withstand the highest environments for a longer time. This is due to its inherent strength, and its resistance to many damaging chemical agents.
COOLMAX® FRESH FX™ - Pro Clima®
The fabrics that keep you comfortable and safe
COOLMAX® is a trade-marked four channel fibre created by DuPont and specifically designed to keep the wearer dry and cool. COOLMAX® quickly transports moisture away from the skin to the outer layer of the garment and speeds up the evaporation of perspiration - faster than any other fabric available on the market today.
COOLMAX® high comfort-performance:
- it will keep you from overheating and therfore drier for longer
- It is soft, comfortable and lightweight
- It does not get clammy or cause chafing
- It is shrink resistant and keeps it shape
- It is odour and mildew resistant
- It is machine washable and dryable
- It keeps looking good, wash after wash
- COOLMAX® prevents from overheating: When perspiration is trapped against the skin or is absorbed by the fabric, a garment will cling to the body. This encourages chafing and muscle chill.
- COOLMAX® is kind to your skin: You know how important fabric softness is, especialy for garments next to the skin. Too stiff and they can cause chafing; too soft and they feel flabby. The finer denier of the special DACRON fibres in Coolmax® gives fabrics a very soft, supple feel.
- COOLMAX® keeps you drier....longer: COOLMAX® is a "breathing" fabric which does not feel clammy. its exceptional ability to transport perspiration away from the body means you stay drier longer.
COOLMAX® / THERMOLITE® - trademark of Firma Advansa
Dyneema® is a registered trademark of DSM Dyneema
Kevlar® is a registered trademark of DuPont